The Ohio Department of Medicaid is implementing a Unified Preferred Drug List (UPDL) on January 1st, 2020 that will encompass the entire Medicaid population regardless of enrollment in Managed Care or Fee for Service (FFS). ODM pharmacy staff and leaders from the Managed Care Plans collaborated together in clinical, technical, and communications-based workgroups to help ensure a smooth transition. The goals of the UPDL include:
- Reducing the administrative burden for providers by streamlining the prior authorization (PA) process across FFS and managed care.
- Consolidating six PDLs into one.
- Facilitating coordination of care for approximately three million covered Medicaid lives.
- Minimizing member movement between the Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Plans.
More information may be in:
- The Unified Preferred Drug List (UPDL) (DOWNLOAD LIST EFFECTIVE 4-1-2020)
- Ohio Medicaid Launches Unified Preferred Drug List (UPDL Press Release)
- Unified Preferred Drug List (UPDL) Announcement (UPDL Announcement)
- Drug Coverage Page
- UPDL Frequently Asked Questions
- Medicaid Pharmacy Announcements
- UPDL Transparency White Paper
- Medicaid Portal