The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) provides coverage of both prescription and over-the-counter drugs. The links below allow both providers and beneficiaries to find information about drug coverage. These resources include a web-based Drug Look Up Tool that may help answer questions not specifically addressed in the Helpful Links below. The goal of ODM drug coverage is to ensure the effective use of healthcare by improving patient access to affordable care, minimizing overall medical costs and improving the quality of life for our recipients.
- A list of medications available without a prior authorization is available here in compliance with OAC 5160-9-03.
- The Preferred Drug List (PDL) (DOWNLOAD LIST EFFECTIVE 7-1-19)
- Additional Therapeutic Classes with Clinical Criteria (DOWNLOAD)
- Quantity Limits (DOWNLOAD).
- Covered Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Excipients for Compounding (DOWNLOAD).
- Ohio Medicaid Preferred Supply List (DOWNLOAD)
Drug Look Up Tool
An online drug lookup tool is available for those providers who are looking up information about a specific product. The tool can be accessed here.